Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Red Lipstick day 13.. The end is near..

The end of my little red lipstick mania is coming to an end!! Tomorrow is the last day. To be honest I'm kind of over red after wearing some sort of red shade for the last 13 days (I did take a few days over the weekend where I didn't wear any at all) so I'll probably shelve them for at least a few weeks.

Ok on to what I wore today! Today was a Kat Von D day again. I bought the Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in the color Outlaw about a month ago or so on a whim. (HA! I've noticed as I've been doing this that MOST of my lipstick buys are impulse ones. Very rarely do I ever go in with a set plan to buy red. So weird!) Moving on!! Sorry.. I'm very ADHD today for some reason.. The Everlasting Love Liquid Lipsticks are very similar to the L'Oreal and Covergirl lipsticks that don't smudge and come with the little lip balms that you put over them with one big difference. This is not as drying or annoying as those other ones. Goes on great and there's no need to use a whole lot. A little goes a long way with this one. I started at the corners when I applied and worked my way to the center. The last time I wore this I did it the other way. Started from the center and worked my way out and for some reason the corners never really dried and stayed tacky. This time it didn't which was nice. My mistake this time was putting on some balm and not wiping it all the way off before I put on the lipstick.


 Outlaw is a really nice red that I believe most people could wear. Give it a try. Once this goes on it doesn't come off and taking it off is kind of a pain actually. I drank my tea, kissed the monster good bye and it didn't come off on my cup or on his face (he was very happy about that!) I would totally recommend this for wedding or prom makeup looks. It will even be great for date's too. I haven't had the opportunity to try out the make out session potential of this one but hopefully I'll get the chance! (Any volunteers?? No? hmmmm..) 

I know I haven't talked much about packaging for any of the others and well that's because they are all tubes or fat pencils. Pretty simple. The liquid lipstick comes in a tube with a wand applicator. I like the applicator but putting the wand back in the tube I noticed that some of the product bubbles out a little bit at the top kind of like there is air trapped in it. I could have just gotten a wonky tube, I mean it happens, or it could be one of those things you have to deal with when you buy this. So if you do buy one of these be careful when you put the wand back in the tube. If you just jam it in there chances are your going to have some of the lipstick come out of the top and make a mess. 

This is tacky and takes at least 10-15 minutes to really dry and set. Once its dried it sets matte and it doesn't feel dry on your lips. I really, really like that because I am just not a big fan of lipsticks like this normally. I will for sure pick up another one to add to my collection. To get it off I used a beeswax based lip balm and wiped it off with a tissue. Make up remover or a little toothpaste on your tooth brush will work just as well.  You can pick up Kat's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick at Sephora for $19 either online or in the store.

Stay tuned for the last installment of this tomorrow. Feel free to send me some ideas on what I should do next. 

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment