Friday, December 2, 2011

Did someone say Oily Skin??

I have the worst oily skin ever.. Seriously its like an oil slick its disgusting. I was surfing the youtube a month ago or so just checking out tutorials and I stumbled across a video called HOW TO: STOP OILY SKIN!! (link below) and in it the guy talks about using Milk of Magnesia.. I'm listening to him talk thinking wth? That's just weird.. But I figured what do I have to lose? I've tried everything else so why not and guess what? It fricking works.. As a little bonus I haven't had the premenstrual breakout either. Rad right?? Here's what you do.. Put a thin layer of the M.O.M on your face (after you've washed your face of course) and let it dry, rinse it off with warm water and put on whatever make up you're going to wear for the day. I swear it works. I was having to blot my face 6 or 7 times a day and now I'm down to maybe twice.. Cool right? Give it a try.. you won't be sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNPaUN-ESbo 

Another couple of things I've been using in the battle of the oil is the Urban Decay Deslick spray. I like it because it makes your make up stay and it doesn't fade or oxidize during the day if you do happen to be a little oily. Its kinda pricey ($29) but well worth the price cause the bottle lasts a while even if you use it every day. I got a little sample of this stuff called Skin Perfection Gel. A little goes a long way and it just helps smooth out your skin before putting on your foundation. I've used it for a few days and I will totally buy a bigger jar of this stuff. It makes my pores smaller and acts a little like a primer also I think. I'll write an update once I've used it a little more.

Last but not least I use the Olay regenerist face wipes to clean off my make up and the regenerist cream face wash to wash my face. I really like it. The wipes get off all the make up and the face wash makes my face feel nice and the anti-aging crap that's in it is just a little bonus. Lets face it (haha.. face it get it??) we aren't getting any younger and I know I can use all the help I can get. For break out I've been using (I use it on Reese too actually) the Clean & Clear advantage acne spot treatment. I LOVE THIS STUFF!! Works great to get rid of any nasty pimples that crop up. 

I think I've bored you enough for now.. I promise my next blog will be about something awesome.. SHOES!!! 

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment