Insanity is AWESOME!! I'm at the end of recovery week before Month 2 starts and I'm not gonna lie I HATE IT.. After spending 2 months going all out with Turbofire and then the first month of Insanity only to slow down for a week has NOT been fun! (sorry Shaun T!!) I'm really looking forward to Monday and pushing through the next 30 days.
Honestly this whole thing has been kind of life changing. It started out with baby steps in July of last year. Small things like less soda and drive thru. Less candy and sugary food. More water, tried to work out a little more but that was totally hit and miss. Then in February I turned it all around. Most of you who have read my blog before know the story, for those of you who don't you can read it here: http://morethanashoewhore.blogspot.com/2013/02/one-million-and-one.html. Honestly it was one of the best personal decisions of my life. I've said it before but humor me and let me say it again.. I'm the laziest person I know but if I can do this anyone can.
Here's my progress tracked through photos:
TurboFire results. Pic on the left taken on 2/4/13 and at the end of 60 days 3/31/13.
This is what the first month of Insanity looked like. The left taken on 4/7/13 and on the right taken on 5/5/13. I'm really excited to see what the next month brings.
And finally this is what almost a year later looks like. The pic on the left was take on 7/26/12 and the one on the right 5/5/13.
My coworker Sammie said she was impressed with how much my shape changed. I guess that's not something that typically happens? (anyone? Is that true or am I just that ignorant?) There is only 15 lbs difference in the photos but where its at is the inches. All together I've probably lost close to 20 inches all the way around (this is a guess. I have no idea what my measurements were last year. I was still depending on the scale to tell me how I was doing.) I'm embarrassed that I got that way. I found the picture on the left on my phone last night and just cringed and then I cried a little. My mind set back then was "its not so bad at all. at least I'm proportionate and I hide things well." What a messed up way to think!
I can't express enough my gratitude towards Mayra, Sarah and the rest of my Fitsquad friends for their support and encouragement when I had no one else to help motivate, give me advice, encouragement or light a fire under my ass when I needed it. I've tried almost everything under the sun it feels like and it was Mayra introducing me to Shakeology, TurboFire and Chalene Johnson that finally flipped the switch for me. I've tried other at home programs and I absolutely love Chalene and Shaun T's programs.
Next up will be the Les Mills combat program and maybe another round of TurboFire. My oldest son and I will also be participating in the Color me Rad race next month in LA. It should be pretty fun! I'll definitely blog about it after we've ran it.
I know I keep saying this but I'll try to put up something a little more fun.. I do have some stuff I want to review. Till next time kids!



No comments:
Post a Comment