They say a journey begins with a single step. I say it starts with the decision to take that step. I've posted before about trying to lose weight and be healthy and well that attempt like all the million other times I tried failed. So here I am trying again at one million and one. The difference between all the other times and this one is the reason for getting healthy, I'm doing it for myself. Because I want to be happy with what I see in the mirror. I want to look at a photo of myself and not pick apart everything I see. Flabby arms, soft belly, wide hips, flat pancake ass. This time I'll succeed because of the support system I have. I'm part of an amazing group all moving towards the same goal. Some of them are farther along than others but every one of them inspires each other to keep moving forward one step at a time, one meal and one work out at a time.
I don't know that I've actually put my weight loss and gain roller coaster out there before. A few of my close friends have seen me at my lowest weight and at my highest. My lowest was about 115 lbs and that was shortly after my oldest son was born and I separated from my husband. My highest weight was 185 lbs and stayed there for a while after the birth of my second child. I yoyo'd up and down since having my oldest. Tried this diet and that.. Weight loss pills, atkins diet, even nothing but chicken and rice for a few months and nothing worked. The last 6 or 7 years have been the roughest. The end of my relationship with my youngest sons dad and all the heart ache and drama that came with it. The death of my dad 8 months later. Depression, stress, work all caused me to drop weight quickly and then after life calmed down and I settled back into some semblance of routine I would gain it back and then some..
In 2010, stress hit again as my life was turned upside down by a personal battle that would consume the next 8 months. At the start of it I weighed about 160lbs and 4 months later I was down to 145 lbs. I ate and slept but it was not the way to lose the weight and it was definitely too fast. Life once again returned to normal and once again the weight started to creep back up.
So here I am again but this time I have a game plan. Today I started Shakeology and Turbo Fire. Both Beachbody programs. For the next 30 days I plan on eating as clean as I can (which can be hard with the way my schedule with the boys is) and work out every day. I have people I have to check in with every day or every other day and some to help keep me accountable and to kick my ass if I slack off. I managed to make it through my first work out without throwing up. LOL. I'm looking forward to what the next 30 days brings. Especially since I'll be 35 in 20 days. I took before photos and will take after photos at the end of 30 days as well. Hard to believe I'm going to share these photos really. Admitting you are overweight and out of shape is hard enough without opening yourself up to criticism and possible ridicule BUT if I can inspire one person then any shit talking I get will be worth it.
These were taken on Saturday 2/2/13. By the end I hope to have dropped 15lbs and shaved off several inches. I believe this time around I can do it. Words can't express really how grateful I am for the support and encouragement from the group I'm in. Some of them have already made some amazing transformations and I really, REALLY want to add my name to that list.
I'll check back in with an update in a few weeks. Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments both good and bad. Till next time kids!

you are going to conquer, I know it! And I promise not to tempt you with cupcakes!
ReplyDeletethis is amazing ... your willingness to share your story and journey with others is a sign of a true hero. You will get a call message or tx one day from someone that simply wants to thank you for being their light, their motivation..their hero. Im so proud of you Faith, you are doing an amazing service for yourself (first and for most) for your children and for those that will follow you. Can i suggest you also do video diaries? you dont have to post them yet. but make them and hold on to them, because believe me you will want to share them soon. Im very proud and honored to call you a friend. Cant wait to see where this journey takes you. Always be positive and look for the positive in all the comments you get from people. Dont let negativity bring you down.... YOU ARE AMAZING....
ReplyDeleteThanks Mayra! I have you and Sarah to thank for inspiring me to do it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sars!! I'm certainly going to do my best! I have to figure out a way around this cupcake thing... Maybe I need to learn to like the uber healthy ones that don't taste like bark..
ReplyDelete