Sunday, March 31, 2013

60 day Turbofire challenge complete!!

Today I finished 60 days of TurboFire and Shakeology. The last two months have really flown by and I'm just blown away by how far I've come. Not just physically but mentally as well. I no longer hate what I see in the mirror, instead I try to find the positives and the places where I could work a little harder. 

When I started this in February I didn't think I'd get too much out of it. Maybe a few pounds gone and something to have every morning for breakfast but what I got was a whole new way of looking at things. Its really easy now for me to pass on treats or junk food. I don't feel tempted at all. I'll drink a ton of water because soda now just makes me feel ill. I've also decided to cut out bread from my diet because, again, makes me feel ill. I'll have it for special occasions but it'll be few and far between. Making healthy food choices are so much easier than before and I imagine it'll just get easier as time goes on. 

So without further ado.. Here is the progress photo:




The picture on the left was taken on 2/2 and I weighed in at 157 lbs. Waist was 30.5", hips were 40", thighs were 23" and both biceps were 12".  The picture on the right was taken today, 3/31. I weighed 152.2 lbs. Waist is 28", hips are 36 1/4", thighs 19.5" and biceps are the same. Overall I lost 5 lbs and a total of 9 3/4" all over. I definitely could have worked a little harder but I'm not unhappy with my results. I lost fat and gained muscle. My goal at the beginning of this of 15 lbs was just crazy! I'm ready for a new challenge and to set a new goal.



With that said, I start Insanity a week from Monday. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be laying on the floor convinced I'm going die the first two weeks at least. I need to talk with Mayra and try to figure out what I should set my goal for this time and make sure its a realistic one. I'm pretty proud of myself. Not only for the accomplishments I've made but because I also won the group challenge for March! After Insanity I'm going to give another 60 days to Les Mills Combat! Has anyone else done this? 

I'm proof positive that ANYONE can do this. Whether you are following a beachbody program, you are just doing one of your own or following one of the bajillion programs out there on the internet. YOU CAN DO IT! I promise you. I was probably one of the laziest people I knew and I got off my ass and look at what I accomplished. 

If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them. I'll make sure I'll do blogs once I've started Insanity. Til next time kids!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your achievement! You had great results and I'm sure the Insanity challenge will be hard! I do Insanity WO sometimes and they are GREAT! I'm dead at the end of the warm-up! =) Good luck!!!


    Carla Ioshiura

    ReplyDelete