Sunday, May 13, 2012

30 days half way mark update

So here we are about half way through the 30 days. So far I've lost 7 lbs. I hit a plateau week before last and this last week finally got off of it. The last couple of weeks have been really busy with the Monsters extra curricular activities that I haven't been working out as much as I should be. I have made it to the gym a few times this last week and on the days that I didn't go to the gym I did at the very least do the BodyRock Flow exercises. BodyRock Flow is the yoga workouts that they post every other day. I've discovered I'm a little more flexible than I thought originally and will hopefully be a little more flexible than I am now at the end of this. 

I did yoga off and on years ago and I had forgotten how good I always felt afterward and wondered why I stopped. I think part of it was my life was such a mess and the last thing I wanted to do was focus on the inside me. I just couldn't face all that stuff.. The depression of ending my relationship with my youngest son's father and all the trauma and drama I had to deal with as a result of it. In addition to court and therapy and having to handle the consequences of some choices I made my father died. Now here I am years later starting to do yoga again to help reconnect with myself on the inside as well as working out to better myself on the outside. Its a pretty great feeling. 

I saw my friend Greg again two weeks ago to check in and to make adjustments to my diet and he added somethings to the tea I drink everyday as well as the shake I drink every morning. As hard as the no dairy and meat only once a week thing is I'm beginning to notice the differences in the way my clothes fit. I sleep better and I have better energy during the day. In addition to having to be to the stair master thing for 30 minutes when I'm at the gym he also added 30 minutes on the elliptical as well. I HATE THE STAIRS! Really hate them.. but I sweat which is really good. 

If I keep up the way I'm going now I anticipate I'll continue to lose between 2-3 pounds a week. My ultimate goal is to be between 135-140 lbs. I'm pretty sure I can attain that by midsummer. For now I'm shooting to be at 150 lbs by around the end of June. I am horrible at following through on goals once I've set them. So far I think I'm doing pretty well at sticking to this one. I'm proud of myself for not giving up. 

I'll post another diet update once I meet with Greg again this next week. For anyone who reads this and is on a similar journey, keep up the good work. I know its hard but really when you reach your goal at the end of this just think about how much better you'll feel about yourself.. 

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment