What about the women who aren't in their 20's and have perfect bodies and flawless skin? What about those who have had children and now have the marks to prove it? After seeing picture after picture I started to get a little mad. How are we not being represented in that world? I used to be really embarrassed about how my stomach looked. And now after months of hard work of losing weight and fat I've decided I'm going try to be proud of what I have. I have two beautiful children and this is what I have to work with. Sure surgery could fix it but I don't have the money and really removing them would just take away from who I am and what I've done as a human, as a woman and as a mother.
That's right.. I'm wearing a bikini.. and I wore it in public!!
I posted this picture on Instagram and a few women commented on it saying I inspired them. Made me tear up a bit to be honest. I was definitely expecting some negative comments but I didn't get one! I will continue to work hard and exercise every day to improve myself. I still have a long journey ahead of me but I will keep chugging along. Day by day and workout after workout until I get down to a healthy weight and I feel completely comfortable with myself. I hope this inspires some mom whose stomach looks similar to mine or even just some girl who was overweight and ended up with stretch marks as a result and has lost weight and is now a healthier and happy person.
Till next time!

You rock!!
ReplyDeleteI'm just so stinkin' proud of you girl!!
ReplyDeletexo
Great success story
ReplyDelete